Sustainability + Arcane
Biodegradable, PETA approved fabric
Any fabric scraps are used to make dogs beds and donated to shelters in need! 🐶
Our biodegradable fabric is manufactured by garment workers represented by IndustriALL Global Union who’s affiliates represent over 50 million workers in 140 countries in the mining, energy and manufacturing sectors. IndustriALL Global Union takes up the fight for better working conditions and trade union rights around the world🌎
- Carbon Neutral shipping 📦 to offset the climate impact of your shipment. We also use at-home compostable packaging. Through EcoCart Arcane is able to help support the Cambodian Water Purification Project.
- Tag free - we do sometimes tag suits with a reusable ring that can be repurposed to hang your suit on your towel rack for air drying!
- Reforestation 🌱 We are proud reforestation partners with One Tree Planted. For every item purchased at Arcane Swim, One Tree Planted will plant a tree at one of their project sites around the world.
- Feature a wide range of second hand and vintage clothing at affordable prices to encourage people to start living sustainably, instead of being discouraged with high prices on sites like Depop etc. ♻️
- Slow fashion 🦥 We are committed to creating products that will last and that you will love for years to come. We take our time with it all in order to produce the best quality products for you and not to push garment factories, this way we can ensure workers are treated fairly! If we are sold out in the size, color, or style you’re looking for subscribe to our newsletter for restock updates.
Educating ourselves and e-commerce consumers everyday about the fashion and textiles industries + how you can lessen your carbon footprint and be kinder to the earth.
What makes Arcane’s fabric so special?
We only use high quality materials that are OEKO TEX 100 Certified!
Solid colors with CO2control®, a production concept towards more environmentally friendly products and offering UV protection 50+
The OEKO-TEX® tests for harmful substances are fundamentally based on the respective purpose of the textiles and materials. The more intensive the skin contact of a product and the more sensitive the skin, the stricter the human-ecological requirements that need to be complied with Plain colors are also sustainable, with CO2 control certified and 50+ UV protection.
The Light - (CO2)® was the first circular knitted fabric produced with biodegradable nylon 6.6, a Brazilian pioneered technology, in the world. The formulation of this yarn has been enhanced to allow clothing made from it quickly decompose after disposal in landfills. The breakdown that took decades to occur in nylon (polyamide generic name) now 50% already happens in the first year and less than three years is already fully decomposed. This biodegradable nylon named AMNI Soul Eco® was researched and developed by Rhodia®, a company of Solvay® group. The Light -(CO2)® is an article of CO2control® family, a production concept of Santaconstancia towards more environmentally friendly products. Visually smoothly textured and elasticized structure is a knitted fabric of extreme comfort next to skin and pleasant in everyday use, offering UV protection 50+ and being free from toxic to human skin according international standard Oeko-Tex 100 Class I.